I went with Stumptown DJs for my husband's surprise birthday party. Matthew was super prompt with emails and phone calls, provided great suggestions, and made the booking and payment process REALLY easy. Based upon what I was looking for, he recommended DJ Drew for the event. HE WAS FANTASTIC!!!! He touched base with me the week before the party and ran through the plan with me. We made a playlist from their online database, and DJ Drew reviewed it and played songs from it and other songs within our style - we loved loved loved him. Andrew really has the sweetest personality, and his music and mixes were awesome! The dance floor was nonstop, and everyone had a blast!! Our friends were saying they haven't danced like that in ages :) and my husband can't stop raving about his surprise party...it was SO MUCH FUN thanks to the awesome music by Stumptown/DJ Drew!
I contacted Stumptown DJ only 2 weeks before my event and they made it happen. I appreciated being able to pick out all the dance music I knew my husband would love. Katie was a great DJ who helped create a fantastic party.
What does Stumptown DJs provide for a wedding? Prior to your wedding, you get:
1. Free initial phone or in-person consultation. We go over location details, timeframes, venue setup options, etc. (If you would like to meet any of our DJs prior to booking, this can always be arranged.)
2. Free ceremony and reception timelines (upon receipt of signed contract and deposit).
3. Free access to our online music database (to create your own playlists for seating music, cocktail hour, dinner, dancing, etc.).
On the day of your wedding, we provide:
1. An organized and professional DJ.
2. A quality sound system, mixing board and laptop.
3. Two handheld microphones (one wired, one wireless). One lapel mic available upon request (at no extra charge).
4. A high-quality, multicolored and sound-activated disco light .
5. Free setup and teardown.
6. All DJs are capable of MCing at no additional charge.
7. All of our DJs have thousands of songs on hand, so we can play just about anything. If WiFi is available, we can download songs, on the spot, for special requests.
After you event, you can expect:
1. A follow-up email, text, and /or phone call.
2. A final email with links for you to post reviews on various sites (e.g., Yelp, Facebook, WeddingWire, The Knot, & Google).